It has taken longer than I expected, but this week I will be sending The Handy Helpers, No Burping! No Slurping! to my publisher.
In Book Five, Laura is challenged by her teacher to “Be the change you wish to see in the world.” (Ghandi) With the help of Beth Anne, she attempts to make friends with the new cafeteria worker who seems to be stressed and on edge in her new job. While the girls are successful in getting Mrs. Meniere to lighten up, the results of their efforts go far beyond what they ever expected.
Here are a few of the other things that happen in Book Five:
- The Handy Helpers start fifth grade. Unfortunately, they are slit up, but they manage.
- Rachel goes to an actual school for the first time. Of course Trisha is there to help her figure it out.
- Daniel struggles with Tourette’s as he begins fourth grade. But this becomes easier when he makes new friends.
- Jeremiah continues his relationship with Melody now that they are both seniors in high school.
- Laura experiences frustration over being a middle child who is taken for granted. Amber is there to help her through it.
- Laura’s little sisters, Molly and Taylor, have an adventure involving stolen kittens.
- Spike reluctantly makes a new friend when Wylie Tanner moves to Bluesky.
- The Handy Helpers become official.
- Beth Anne finds out reg’lar class can be a challenge–that is until she meeting Eldon.
- The book ends with a big event you won’t want to miss.
My readers who are fans of the Cole children will be very happy as their relationship with Gus continues to grow. As you can see, a lot happens in Book Five. I’ll let you know as soon as it is available.